[balug-admin] Fwd: Co-Branding Opportunity with LinuxWorld (fwd)

John Mark Walker johnmark@johnmark.org
Wed Nov 8 15:28:15 PST 2006

Oops... forgot to "reply to all".

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Mark Walker <johnmark@johnmark.org>
Date: Nov 8, 2006 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: [balug-admin] Co-Branding Opportunity with LinuxWorld (fwd)
To: Joseph Brenner <doom@kzsu.stanford.edu>

On 11/8/06, Joseph Brenner <doom@kzsu.stanford.edu> wrote:

> I was thinking maybe I'd bug her about the new "no students"
> policy at LinuxWorld.   I'm not too keen on "age discrimination"
> as a path to being "more professional".

As your friendly former LinuxWorld conference director, I should
remind you that LinuxWorld Conf. and Expo != LinuxWorld.com, the
online mag now run by NetworkWorld and edited by the highly esteemed
Don Marti.

Also, if you want to give the finger to the folks responsible for the
new age restrictions, you are welcome to do that to all the sponsors
that demanded it. The real irony, however, is that after imposing the
age restrictions, attendance dropped off, and then they bitched at us
for that, too. Which just goes to show... never actually listen to
customers, just pretend like you do :D

-JM