[balug-admin] Informing speakers/presenters about presentation equipment/facilities

Mon Oct 16 18:09:04 PDT 2006

Ah, sorry, forgot to type out those answers ...

Network - no guarantees of any network connectivity (mooching off
of someone's open WiFi is rather spotty / hit-and-miss ... and may work
better (if at all) closer to the front of the building by the fire escape
or "balcony" or whatever it is on that side of the building - doors open out
onto it ... but that's a fair way away from where the podium/stage and
projector and screen are ... so the optimal place for doing presentation
probably isn't optimal for picking up some WiFi ... and no assurances
on the WiFi anyway (and no other connectivity there ... unless one does
it via some other wireless (e.g. cellular)).

Time ... figure rougly 45 to 50 minutes for presentation and about
10 to 15 for Q&A and any genral mingling about after most of the
(more?) "formal" part of the presentation.  Can be somewhat shorter,
but shouldn't run much over that.

Quoting John Mark Walker: