[Balug-Admin] BALUG Announcement Email Decision

Fri Nov 30 21:46:16 PST 2007

Or, to perhaps put at least part of what came of that discussion
another way, "Know your audience"(/list/forum/...) I.e. know the
communication channel to which one puts the information, and try to be
optimally suitable for that communication channel (e.g. not too much or
too often, nor to little or too seldom).  Also know when/how they
like/prefer their information/announcements, what they're more - or
less - likely to be interested in, etc., and tailor things accordingly
(at least as much as feasible).

We should probably note some of these details (at least to the extent we
know/learn them) on our event communications wiki page (presently
located at:
http://www.sf-lug.com/wiki/doku.php?id=event_communications
)