[BALUG-Admin] A certain ... unsubscribe? ...

Sun Apr 2 23:03:03 PDT 2017

Thanks for the information, Mike.

Yes, for some number of years now, for the folks that ask/demand
that I/we unsubscribe them ... well, I got tired of constructing
individualized replies from off-the-top-of-my-head - plus adding
any details that might be particularly relevant/pertinent ... so
I created a template:
And, for at least as long as I've been using essentially that
text, it seems "well enough" constructed to be quite effective.
It reasonably puts the "burden" back on the requester - also
providing relevant information - and seems sufficiently effective.
Seems they either successfully unsubscribe, or maybe they just move
on to complain about other stuff they ought do themselves that they
want someone else to do for them.  In any case, at least thus far,
when I've sent such email, don't think I ever heard from them (whomever)
again asking/requesting/demanding that I(/we) unsubscribe them.

And I think Rick's actions on the clean-up, etc. sound perfectly fine
to me - thank you Rick!  Very possible/likely some fair number of years
back, someone mishandled it or overreacted or made sub-optimal choices
as to best handling/reaction.

I also have a boilerplate response to the "can I post a job" queries:
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:can_i_post_a_job_-_and_boilerplate_response_template

references/excerpts: