[BALUG-Admin] DNSBL listings for IP 96.86.170.229, recapped

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Jul 26 03:20:06 UTC 2022

Important:  Create and use a login/password to more effectively use
SORBS and get more-detailed info.

SORBS dings the IP for spam and for spamvertising of URLs.  The entries
for spamvertising are shown as "Historic (Inactive)".

Spam entries (4).  The four entries were received on these date:
04:30:02 24 Apr 2021 GMT-04
04:30:01 24 Apr 2021 GMT-04
04:49:44 16 Apr 2021 GMT-04
17:07:50 12 Apr 2021 GMT-04

Claimed spam #2 was asserted to have spamvertised URL "j.mp".  (Which
doesn't matter, as that's inactive.)

Apparently, delisting in this case will require opening a support
ticket.  Michael, you care to?

Likewise, Barracuda Central does, in their case by filling out a Web
form.  https://www.barracudacentral.org/rbl/removal-request

For DNSBL bl-h1.rbl.polspam.pl , I have no idea if there is a delisting
method.

For Barracuda Central, man, are they ever broken.
https://www.barracudacentral.org/reputation?pr=1&ip=96.86.170.229 shows
a blank page.

The page for the all.s5h.net DNSRBL redirects to
http://www.usenix.org.uk/content/rbl.html for removal information.  Says
you must visit http://www.usenix.org.uk/content/rblremove from the IP of
the listed host -- e.g., by doing

curl -4 http://www.usenix.org.uk/content/rblremove

from the console.

There is also a manual removal process, alternatively.

dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net , we've already talked about, there being an
express removal Web CGI, but with the warning that they consider us to
have been guilty within the last 7 days of sending spam to a spamtrap.
(We could wait a week, and see if my mass-removal happened to fix that.)

black.dnsbl.brukalai.lt apparently uses the UCEPROTECT-Level 1 list,
covered above.