[BALUG-Admin] Gandi.net wins (was: So, joker.com, then?)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun Jun 2 18:28:15 UTC 2024

Quoting Michael Paoli (michael.paoli@berkeley.edu):

> Congrats and welcome to Gandi.net!
> Let the sanity and competence begin!  :-)
> So, curious, within the (I presume) 60 day lock after
> transfer, does it already give you a renew option to be able to extend?
> I'm guessing it may not ... but if not now, should then have
> that option once the initial lock (from fresh transfer) period has passed.

Extension just now complete.

$ whois linuxmafia.com | grep "Expiry"
   Registry Expiry Date: 2027-07-17T04:00:00Z
$ whois unixmercenary.net | grep "Expiry"
   Registry Expiry Date: 2027-08-11T15:44:35Z
$

My understanding is that the 60-day freeze was only on further outbound
transfers.