[BALUG-Talk] [BALUG-Admin] balug.org DNS review

Todd Hawley celticdm@gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 22:33:10 PDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 1:01 PM, Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Todd Hawley (celticdm@gmail.com):
>
> > Even funnier is how they manage to stay in business given their terrible
> > service.
>
> I suspect it's a familiar unhealthy market dynamic, driven by customers
> no understanding nearly enough about (some) products/services they
> buy:  Basically, if you don't understand a product/service category,
> you seek bottom dollar because that's the only part you do fully grasp.
> And, over the long-term, that leads to overall quality decline in said
> market.

Good point and most times that would be true. However, I've run into a
couple folk who have more than
one site hosted there and move other sites there "because they provide good
service." In other words,
they provide better service to users who have multiple accounts there than
to those who only have one.
Although it's been years since I've seen these folk so I have no idea if
they still have their sites hosted there.

-th