[BALUG-Talk] Richard M. Stallman has resigned from FSF and from MIT CSAIL

David Fetter david@fetter.org
Thu Sep 19 18:46:07 UTC 2019

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 05:35:59PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> David --
>
> His reported past views about the age of the consent were IMO problematic,
> and I do not concur with them.  It is also my understanding that you just
> profoundly misrepresented those views.

No, I did not. Children cannot consent to sex. Sex without consent is
rape by definition.

> But that is absolutely not my headache and not any discussion I care to
> have, I am not volunteering for any 'defender of Stallman' patsy role,
> and I'd recommend anyone wishing to look further consult primary sources
> rather than take the word of Internet armchair editorials.  (Upthread, I
> took care to hunt down and provide direct links to primary information.)

Whether he was fired on a pretext is not important to me. What's
important to me is that he had pulled shit that should have gotten him
fired decades back, and I'm delighted that, at long last, he's out.
His enablers, of which I am not accusing you of being one, have yet to
be held to account, but they need to be.

Best,
David.
--
Phone: +1 415 235 3778