[BALUG-Talk] Richard M. Stallman has resigned from FSF and from MIT CSAIL

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 19 19:11:56 UTC 2019

Quoting David Fetter (david@fetter.org):

> No, I did not. Children cannot consent to sex. Sex without consent is
> rape by definition.

The former is of course true, but nonetheless, as I said, you substantially
misrepresented what the man said, and your non-sequitur objection
doesn't change that.  People sufficiently interested can consult primary
sources, which I provided in my original post as part of great care to
stick to fair commentary and good information.

His views aren't mine, so I'm not going to detail the places where you
got things haplessly wrong in restating his csail-related postings,
because the natural result would be that a lot of -other- people would
then become a 'Rick Moen said [foo]' ragemob, and I'm just not nearly
that stupid.

> Whether he was fired on a pretext is not important to me. What's
> important to me is that he had pulled shit that should have gotten him
> fired decades back, and I'm delighted that, at long last, he's out.

Without objection, I note that you changed the subject.  And I'm _still_
not interested in arguing with you.