[Balug-admin] keysigning at (BALUG? Re: Visiting SF on 20th-22nd June)

Larry Platzek larryp@inow.com
Thu Jun 16 22:04:30 PDT 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Michael Paoli wrote:

> Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:56:58 -0700
> From: Michael Paoli <mp@rawbw.com>
> To: Bruce Badger <bbadger@openskills.com>, Gregory Sutter <gsutter@zer0.org>
> Cc: ba-keysign@zer0.org, balug-admin-balug.org@lists.balug.org
> Subject: [Balug-admin] keysigning at (BALUG? Re: Visiting SF on 20th-22nd
>     June)
>
> Perhaps a bit late, but would you (re)consider ...
> BALUG[1] meets on the evening of 2005-06-21 (generally 3rd Tuesdays).
> BALUG does have a program/speaker for the 21st, however
> meet/greet/keysigning would work rather well*.
> As BALUG hasn't done a keysigning or keysigning event at least within the
> past year or more, doing such at BALUG may better cross-polinate keysigning.
> As BAD[2] just met at 21st Amendment earlier this month (including
> keysigning) this might be somewhat redundant for folks and not
> create as much cross-keysigning.  As BALUG meets on 2005-06-21 (in Chinatown),
> having both on the same evening also could result in some crowd-splitting,
> reducing attendence at both.
> Both locations (BALUG regular meeting location, and 21st Amendment)
> are approximately equally accessible via BART and other public
> transportation (both a moderate walk from BART).
> BALUG meetings are $10.00 USD for dinner (see BALUG site for details).
>
> I'm guestimating doing this at BALUG would sound fine to the BALUG
> folks in general, but (if and) until the keysigning event is
> "officially" moved to BALUG, I just included
> balug-admin-balug.org@lists.balug.org
> and not yet
> balug-talk-balug.org and/or
> balug-announce-balug.org
> Hmmmm, I don't see that anything has (yet) gone out to balug-announce-balug.org
> regarding BALUG's speaker for 2005-06-21 ... perhaps if it's (shortly) agreed
> to move the keysigning to BALUG, BALUG announcement can go out soon, and cover
> both.
>
> references/excerpts/footnotes:
> 1. http://www.balug.org/
> 2. http://bad.debian.net/
> http://zer0.org/pipermail/ba-keysign/2005-June/date.html
> http://zer0.org/pipermail/ba-keysign/2005-June/000143.html
> http://zer0.org/pipermail/ba-keysign/2005-June/000147.html
> *Mostly from start of and/or before BALUG meeting proper through until
> start of presentation/speaker - that would allow for about an hour's time,
> e.g. some folks show up at the
> bar as early as 6:30 P.M., meeting proper starts at 7:00 P.M., food arrives
> a bit later, presentation/speaker typically starts around round 7:45 P.M. -
> 8:00 P.M. and runs typically through about 9:00 P.M.  That well leaves
> most of 7:00 P.M. - approx. 7:45 P.M. available for keysigning, and can
> also include additional time for those who show up earlier (as early as
> 6:30 P.M.
>
> Quoting Bruce Badger <bbadger@openskills.com>:
>
>> I will be visiting San Francisco this month.  I arrive on the evening of
>> 20th June, and leave on the afternoon of the 22nd.

> [...]
I have no objection to having keysigning from 6:40P< unitill dinner and
5-19 minutes of speaking time after dinner.
I also would think having a meeting with keysigning as the topic would be
good at some future meeting. Anyone what to do it? Anyone want to arrange
it?

Sorry no one replied sooner but I did ask Dick to reply woth our opions.

I am scheduled to spend time away email and be out of town untill Monday
afternoon.

I hope someone will send out the meeting reminder!

I hope someone will take meeting notes and have the notes on the Balug
website!

I may be at Balug meeting for June meeting.
My wife and I have been having medical problems (not related)!

  Larry Platzek  larryp@inow.com